Becoming A Fully Bionic Angel

So, thanks to the miracles of modern science, plus a little Angel Superpower Energy thrown in, I’ve had the second bionic part replaced, spent the night at the hospital not sleeping, and came home yesterday. Pretty fast for major surgery, but hey, the Angel thing has advantages, including accelerated healing.

It was exactly the same as it was three months ago when I had the first bionic done, only this time everything was entirely different. I realize much of that has to do with my personal expectations. I expected the first time to be horrible, and it wasn’t, so that was an incredibly pleasant and welcome surprise. I expected the night staff to be as friendly and as attentive as the day staff, and they were not, plus I couldn’t sleep, so my one night in the hospital for the first bionic part was miserable.

This time, a mere three months later, there seemed to be a great deal more waiting involved. But I knew what to expect this time, so it was fairly pleasant. Until I woke up in the recovery room and it Hurt Quite A Bit More Than I Remember It Hurting The First Time. There was a lovely nurse who was ever-so happy to keep giving me more and more pain medication, so it didn’t last long, but it was unexpected.

The night crew was incredibly friendly and attentive and brought me snacks and I wasn’t expecting to sleep this time so it didn’t bother me so much when I didn’t. And I got to come home yesterday and sleep in my own bed, where I slept quite well even though the weird drugs in my system cause me to wake up and get up several times throughout the night, and I’m trying to get to the bathroom on a walker while wearing a leg brace without stepping on the Old Dog, but overall it was a successful first night at home.

So today I finally get a good look at my backside in the mirror, and I can’t help but wonder if my doctor replaced my entire leg rather than just my hip, because there is enough bandage on my left ass to swaddle several small children in. I can’t wait to let The Boyfriend rip the acres of bandage off later today and see how large an incision is on the other side, but I fear the good doctor may have needed room to thrust his entire head inside my hip so he could get a good view of whatever the hell he was doing.

This entry was posted in Lost In Kentucky, My fabulous life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s